Monday, August 15, 2011

Storm clouds & sunset makeup

Hey!
I know that I have not done FOTD realted posts for a while now, but here is one finally. I started to use my old camera know, because the one that I used before still refuses to work with me. I am using now my Canon Powershot S2 - it is 6 years old, but at least it does it's job. Anyway, yesterday night (14th August) in Tartu was thunder and when it had almost passed, there was really pretty color palette in the sky.
Here is my inspirational picture:
I turned up the colors just a little bit, but you get the idea. There was really nice gradient from yellow to blurple. (Yellow part unfortunately got "burned" on my photo) I also added a nice flash of blue on my waterline, seemed approriate to birghten up the look.

What I used:
Eyes:
ELF mineral eyeshadow primer all over the lid and a little bit under the lower lashline.
120 palette (random selection of purples, blues, yellow, pink and orange, highlight) + a little bit of MUS Nox eyeshadow - transition from yellow to red-purple.
Eyeliner: tried out ELF studio cream eyeliner and new eyeliner brush from ELF - of course I messed up one eye.
Blue eyeliner on the lower waterline is NYX slide on eyeliner in Azure.
For my lashes as usual: Loreal voluminous mascara
Face:
Bourjois healthy skin serum in 53 (wow can't believe it, it is tad bit light for me now, I have been to the beach only one time this summer).
Tried out ELF HD powder (please be careful and don't use too much, I made that mistake and my face looks like it has some kind of white powder all over :P )
Blush is ELF studio blush in Pink Passion
No contouring this time.
Lips: 
ELF Studio matte lip color in Coral
NYX lip gloss in beige

I made this look out of boredom, but I quite like how it turned out :) Sorry for the double chin on the last picture :P
Thank you for reading!
Liz


3 comments:

  1. Väga mõnus värvide kooslus :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. väga lahedalt värviline silmameik. Meeldib!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vau, värvide kasutus on küll väga hea ja ilus :)

    ReplyDelete