Urban Decay Naked Palette Review

Thursday, September 01, 2011

Hey!
I finallygave in and bought Urban Decay Naked palette- I have been wanting to buy this palette since it came out last summer. How many times have I wanted to buy this from ebay and at the last moment decided, that it is still too expensive. Last drop was when Grete from g-reveals.blogspot.com made a video about this palette (she used word amazing countless times :D :D ). Nothing could stop me then and so I ordered mine for 32£ (about 52$) + shipping from ebay. It was said to be brand new, but looking closer to it, I saw it had been swatched before a little bit, but I didn't care  - I was so happy that I finally could get my hands on this palette.
Anyway, I do know that there are tons of reviews and swatch pictures on the almighty internet, but I could not just NOT make a review about it. My Estonian followers maybe, just maybe have not seen it, so I must spread the disease - unstoppable urge to get this palette. ;)



Text from the back side of this palette:
Our neutrals won't leave you naked. 12 dimensional shades(including 4 exclusive) escalate your "basics" in textures of matte, shimmer, satin and sparkle. Experiment with office-chic, deep smoky or summery bronze looks. Includes our professional quality, cruelty free Good Karma Eyeshadow Brush.
Where to get it?
I wish I did this research beforehand, could've got my palette a little bit cheaper.
Ebay - I recommend UK, because otherwise you'll have to pay extra for customs etc. Here is the search results, cheaper ones on top of the list: urban decay naked palette from ebay
Lookfantastic.com- at the moment they offer free shipping, don't know how long it is going to last. http://www.lookfantastic.com/make-up/eyes/eye-shadows/palettes/urban-decay-the-naked-palette.html
Hqhair- http://www.hqhair.com/urban-decay-naked-palette-multi/10368656.html
Beautybay.com - http://www.beautybay.com/cosmetics/urbandecay/nakedpalette/ 32£ + shipping is 3.5£
In USA this palette is more readily available in Sephoras, Ultas, Urban Decay homepage etc. ;)
What will you get for you money? 
12 incredibly soft & pigmented eyeshadows with different finishes. 1,1g each
1 good karma eyeshadow brush (synthetic bristles) (I would've liked the first edition add-on more - dual sided eyeliner pencil in zero&whiskey)
1 original Urban Decay Primer Potion (UDPP) 3,7 ml.
Ingredients (some customers might like to know what they put on their delicate skin in the eye area ;) ) For the full list, please check urban decay's website: http://www.urbandecay.com/naked-palette-eyeshadow/245,default,pd.html It does contain a few parabens and talc. 
Package: palette looks very luxorious with it's velvety exterior, but it becomes dirty really easily(keep it away from dirty fingers and pets). Inside you will find a decent size mirror - great on the go for touch ups. Inside is made of cardboard, but it does not look cheap at all. Cardboard is better when you are clumsy- it will absorb the impact when you accidentally drop it- shadows are safe in this package!
Eyeshadows: There are six permanent and existing shades, one repromoted shade, and five new shades. 7 shimmery, 3 glitters, 2 matte.
Very soft and silky, great pigmentation for most of them. 
My 2 least favorites are creep- glitter, not very great color payoff. 
Most silky: toasted, half baked.
Brush: has synthetic bristles, is pretty stiff, but does not scratch the eye. Just a basic eyeshadow brush in my opinion. I would have liked double ended eyeliner pencil more- have not tried their glide on eyeliners yet. 
Primer potion: mini size, works nicely. (but I must say that my ELF primers work aswell). 


What do you think of Urban Decay Naked palette? Is it worth the hype? Would you buy it?

Thank you for reading!
Liz

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. WORTH THE HYPE and worth the money! :D ma sain $45 + tax ja kui jagada ära see summa lauvärvide arvuga, siis üks lauvärv on pretty odav ja pigment on lihtsalt SUUREPÄRANE! :D Still in love and will be forever :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I need this! The shades are just super lovely! I had not really heard about this one before and now I can't understand how have I been living without it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roosi, wait for it, I am planning to post swatch comparisons to a cheaper palette! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deem, igakord kui keegi seda kiidab, tahaks endale:D Õnneks või kahjuks olen siiani suutnud vastu panna, eriti just hinna tõttu. Arvan, et saan hetkel odavamate palettidega hakkama, ehk kunagi hiljem soetan omale ka selle ihaldusväärse Naked'i paleti :) Kiusatus on ikka suur :D

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images