Saturday, December 17, 2011

My quest post for Msodapop blog

Hey!
I wanted to share my quest post for msodapop.blogspot.com, it was published there about 3 weeks ago.
Here is link to Miss Sodapop´s blog. 

1) How and why did you start blogging?
I had been interested in beauty world for a few years. I started out watching beauty videos on youtube. Blogging seemed more like "my thing" because I have alwyas liked taking photos and writing short stories. Beauty just seemes to be a field that in my country, Estonia is not widely published trough internet so I just grabbed the opportunity.

2) What is the focus of your blog?
Mostly I do product reviews, mainly decorative cosmetics and nail polishes.

3) What is your favorite makeup brand & why?
I don't have one favorite brand, because I have not tried out a whole bunch of products yet. Defenitely it is something from drugstore, because I am a student and my budget is limited. My most expensive product so far has been Urban Decay Naked palette and I really love it.

4) What is your favorite clothing brand & why?
I don't have favorite clothing brand. I think that I would love forever 21 if it was available in Estonia.

5) If you were allowed to bring only one beauty product with you, what would it be & why?
Mascara! Mascara and under eye concealer are only beauty products I use on daily basis, so that explains something I think.  

6) Do you have any favorite beauty or fashion blogs you recommend?

First international big blogs that I started to read were Vampy varnish and Makeup and beautyblog.
Very good Estonian blogs are: G-reveals (but she writes only in Estonian, better look at her youtube videos which are in English), Miss L nail blog.

7) What is a tip you would like to share with incoming beauty or fashion bloggers?
Take your own product photos, always be honest and don´t write your blog aadress as comment everywhere. That is when I want to read your blog!

Here is my blog post, I decided to show you my interpretation of ombre nails. I used different grey tones and added glitter polish to my accent nail.
What is ombre nails? 
Basically it is color gradient on your finger nails. You can do it like I did- every nail is slightly different shade of the same color. Or you can do the gradient on each separate nail - using sponge or just melting colors together.
Used products:


1. Apply your regular base coat.
2. Pick out one color for main color, also you have to have black and white nail polish. Yes, you don´t have to own a ton of different polishes to do ombre nails.
3. Start mixing your polish.
a) thumb: main color + white
b) index: main color
c) main color + few drops of black
d) index finger as accent nail: I chose silver polish + silver glitter
e) main color + a little bit more black.
I used an ampty nail wheel as mixing palette- upside down the nails are like small bowls.
I used 2 coats of nail polish.
4. Add a top coat and you are done!
So as you can see, it is easy to do and I think that the effect is quite cool.

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment