Thursday, November 3, 2011

Wet´n´wild trio in sweet as candy: review + FOTD

Hey!
I was asked to use this palette first, so I predicted your wishes and I already used it for FOTD (actually I was home alone and bored :D ). It was late night, so no FOTD pictures in daylight.
I purchased this palette from Seppälä, they had a sale, and it cost 3€, but I got it for free, because they had buy 1 get 1 free promotion at the same time.
This palette contains 3,5 grams of eyeshadows and you get 2 extremly pointless brushes too. I don´t ever use  applicators that come with palettes, so I can´t tell you if they are good or not, I guess that they do their job.
Daylight: bottom row is with ELF mineral eyeshadow primer.
Daylight + flash
As you can see: all the shadows are nicely pigmented and quite shimmery - so if you have older skin, then you might not like it. Shimmer really brings out wrinkles. Least pigmeted one was browbone color. I quite like this palette, nothing to complain about. Texture is silky and smooth. 
Quick FOTD, really approriate for brides in my opinion. Looking fresh & natural & cute. :) 
What I used:
Loreal true match foundation in rose vanilla C2.
ELF studio compact powder in caramel for countouring (yes, face powders are matte and if you get one 2-3 shades darker then you can use it for countouring too ;) )
NYX cream blush in natural + elf brightening blush in shy(to set the cream blush).
A little bit of ELF shimmering facial whip in lilac petal (supposed to be dupe for Benefit Moonbeam highlighter).
Then a little bit of ELF HD powder, STILL have not figured out the right amount and therefore my nose looks white.
Lips: started out with ELF lip lock pencil, then used studio matte lip color in coral and topped it off with ELF lucious liquid lipcolor in Perfect pink - looked too pale. Then added NYX lip gloss in Golden Red on top to make lip color warmer. I think that for wedding you should go with more natural colors, because if it fades out, then it won´t be so noticeable.
Brows: NYX ashy brown eyeshadow from nude on nude palette (9-color version) + ELF wet gloss brow & lash mascara.



I started with Make up Store eyeshadow primer. Then added NYX jumbo pencil in Milk on the inner half of my eyelid and Iced mocha on the outer part + blended it in the crease. I blend those with my clean fingers.
Then I used Sweet as candy trio (browbone in inner corner, lid in the middle and crease outer corner + crease) and browbone higlight+ blending color from vanity palette (matte white, matte light brown). Eyeliner is just black kohl pencil (fake MAC smolder). Regular mascara: loreal voluminous.

Thank you for reading!


2 comments:

  1. ma just paar päeva tagasi ostsin ka omale selle :D
    väga ilusad värvid!

    ReplyDelete