FOTD: Day makeup on my sister

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Hey!

I today I wanted to share some photos of the makeup that I did on my sister. She is almost 2 years younger than me and if you would see us together you might think that we are not related. I am quite short and she is tall and plays basketball on professional level. Anyway, somehow we got our daily plans in sync and she came here on 1th December. Since it was daytime, about 11 oclock and she wanted to keep it on, I decided that maybe subtle brown eyeshadow would be best.

So what did I use to create this look:
Face:
On moisturized face I applied Bellapierre mineral foundation in Ivory with ELF studio face kabuki brush. For cheeks I decided to use ELF blush in Coral which is my favorite day appropriate blush. A little bit of ELF warm bronzer for contouring. I set the face with ELF HD powder (which she loved and instantly asked where did I get it and how much does it cost).
Eyes:
MUS Eyeprimer, NYX jumbo pencils in Milk and French Fries (blended these pencils out with synthetic concealer brush).
For eyeshadows I wanted to use the best on her, so I grabbed my Urban Decay Naked palette and used the following colors: Virgin as highlight, sidecar on the main lid, a little bit of toasted on the outer corner, a mix of naked and buck in the crease.
On the lower lashline I used NYX slide on eyeliner in Jewel, slightly smudged it with pencil brush.
She used her own mascara: Max Factor False lash effect. (since it was my first time ever doing someone's makeup, I did not want to poke her eyes out).
Lips:
On lips we started out with ELF lucious liquid lipstick in perfect pink, but it was too light for this look. So instead I used NYX round lipgloss in frosted plum.
When she arrived home I got an email saying that she loves her makeup and it is perfect just like in magazines. I am happy that she is happy. Also she asked me why don't I do makeup for little price(a few euros) for other girls, but I think I must work on my skills more to do that.
Anyway, please let me know what do you think of my first time as makeup artist (hah, so funny to write). Would you wear this makeup on daytime or is it too much for you?
Some close ups of the eyes.


Yes, I know, there is a patch of bare lid next to eyelashes, I try to get closer next time :D 

Thank you for reading!

In Estonian:
Mul on hea meel teatada, et mu esimene kogemus jumestajana on nüüd seljataga ja päris hea tunne on. Sain noorema õega lõpuks graafikud klappima ja nii ta tuligi üks hommik mulle külla. Otsustasin päevase meigi kasuks, et ta ei peaks seda kohe maha võtma hakkama. 
Kuna tahtsin kindla peale välja minna kasutasin oma meigikollektsiooni parimaid tooteid, mis on ka mu enda suured lemmikud.
Jumestuse põhja tahtsin teha loomuliku, nii et valisin selleks bellapierre'i mineraalse jumestuspuudri toonis
Ivory (kuna ta kasutab isepruunistavaid tooteid, kartsin, et see jääb talle liiga hele, aga mu hirm oli asjatu). Pealekandmiseks kasutasin ELFi Studio Face Kabuki pintslit. Põskedele värvi andmiseks valisin ELFi mineraalse põsepuna toonis Coral. Nägu kontuurisin kergelt ka ELFi Warm bronzer'iga. Näomeigi kinnitasin ELFi stuudioseeria HD puudriga. 
Silmadel kasutasin aluskreemina MUS lauvärvi aluskreemi, mille peale silmade sisenurka ja üles kulmuluule kandsin NYXi jumbo silmapliiatsit toonis Milk, ülejäänud laule sama pliiats, toonis French Fries. Neid on hea hajutada laiali sünteetiliste karvadega peitekreemi pintsliga. 
Lauvärvid valisin Naked paletist: Virgin kulmuluule ja silmade sisenurka, Sidecar üle kogu lau, (olge sellega ettevaatlikud, glitter kipub pudisema põskedele), Toasted toon silma välisnurkadesse ja koopajoonel kasutasin kahte matti tooni segatuna (Naked+Buck).
Kuna alumine ripsmejoon tundus üksinda nii tühi ja kurb, kasutasin seal NYX slide on silmapliiatsit toonis Jewel.
Ripsmeid tahtis ta ise värvida, kasutades selleks Max factori false lash effect tušši. 
Huultel on NYX huuleläige toonis frosted plum. 



You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. she is pretty... and you did great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Väga kena ja tagasihoidlik meik. Väga meeldib!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aitäh! :) Sain kohe ühelt sõbrannalt peaaegu lõpumeigi tellimuse kui neid pilte nägi :D

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images