Trend: nails polish spring 2012Thursday, January 12, 2012
you may think that I am crazy: "What?! It is not spring, why do you show us these", but it is spring in nail polish world. So here is my tips and things I have noticed. Bonus: Some examples of the collections too, but you can search elsewhere, I did not add every spring nail polish collection here that comes out. :)
1. Neon polishes - OPI Nicki Minaj collection or China Glaze Electropop.
2. Pastel- dusty- cool toned nail polishes - Zoya True collection. In my opinion, this seems to be the largest trend.
3. Flakies- Finger paints, my old favorite Nubar 2012 or Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure, Zoya Fleck effect.
4. Glitter top coats- OPI Nicki Minaj Save me is great example.
5. Still the shatter nail polish trend lingers around - For example OPI Nicki Minaj Super bass shatter. I think that it's time to go, shatter! Yes, it is very quick way to spice up your manicure, but it is nothing special. Boring..
6. Nude is in the air- if you don't want to wear color, then there is always nude polish. Sometimes minimalism suits best! Look into creamy shades of gray, white, pale pink, and soft beige.
So now a quick overview what to search for in beauty stores or online: (yes, I could have separate post about every single collection, but this gives better overview of what's going on) Spring means, that most of these polishes become available in January. :)
Finger Paints Sepcial Effect nail polish collection- swatches here.
China Glaze Hunger games inspired collection called "Colours from the capitol". Available in March. I have said my opinion in this blogpost.
Swatches for chinga glaze capitol colors here.
Essie spring 2012 Navigate her swatches here. Seems nice and small collection, but I am not a fan of Essie, so sorry- I won't be buying these.
Butter london Spring/Summer collection. I did not find any swatches yet.
Thank you for reading and I do that hope this post was helpful!