you may think that I am crazy: "What?! It is not spring, why do you show us these", but it is spring in nail polish world. So here is my tips and things I have noticed. Bonus: Some examples of the collections too, but you can search elsewhere, I did not add every spring nail polish collection here that comes out. :)
1. Neon polishes - OPI Nicki Minaj collection or China Glaze Electropop.
2. Pastel- dusty- cool toned nail polishes - Zoya True collection. In my opinion, this seems to be the largest trend.
3. Flakies- Finger paints, my old favorite Nubar 2012 or Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure, Zoya Fleck effect.
4. Glitter top coats- OPI Nicki Minaj Save me is great example.
5. Still the shatter nail polish trend lingers around - For example OPI Nicki Minaj Super bass shatter. I think that it's time to go, shatter! Yes, it is very quick way to spice up your manicure, but it is nothing special. Boring..
6. Nude is in the air- if you don't want to wear color, then there is always nude polish. Sometimes minimalism suits best! Look into creamy shades of gray, white, pale pink, and soft beige.
So now a quick overview what to search for in beauty stores or online: (yes, I could have separate post about every single collection, but this gives better overview of what's going on) Spring means, that most of these polishes become available in January. :)
Picture belongs to Vampy Varnish.Zoya spring 2012 True collection swatches here, available since 10th January. Slightly muted colors, full coverage, creams & metallics.
Picture belongs to Vampy Varnish.Zoya 3 Fleck effect polishes swatches here. Unfortunately I can't get any zoya polishes, but I would really like to try some (anybody in US? custom purchase please .. )
Finger Paints Sepcial Effect nail polish collection- swatches here.
Via google.OPI spring summer 2012- Holland collection. Part I here- cremes, Part II here- shimmers. I am not really excited about this collection, seems kind of random to me. There are some classic colors /reds, pinks and then there are some trendy (that means dusty pastel) colors.
Via GoogleOPI Nicki Minaj collection swatches here. I ordered a mini set which contains: Did It On 'Em(lime), Fly(aqua), Pink Friday(baby pink) and Metallic 4 Life (black base with grazy silver glitter). I am not a big fan of Nicki, but I love some bright colors for summer. :)
Via GoogleChina glaze Electropop collection swatches here. I think this colelction is nice overall, but I also notice that there are some colors really close to For Audrey(I mean Aquadelic) and Secret Peri-wink-le(electric beat).
China Glaze Hunger games inspired collection called "Colours from the capitol". Available in March. I have said my opinion in this blogpost.
Swatches for chinga glaze capitol colors here.
Essie spring 2012 Navigate her swatches here. Seems nice and small collection, but I am not a fan of Essie, so sorry- I won't be buying these.
Butter london Spring/Summer collection. I did not find any swatches yet.
Thank you for reading and I do that hope this post was helpful!