TAG: 40 Beauty questions

Monday, September 24, 2012

Hey, beauties!

I haven't done any beauty related TAGs for a while, so today I felt like answering some beauty questions for you. I found them on Dyna's Random  blog, she is a beauty blogger from Malta. You can read her answers here.  Actually there are 42 questions, so I don't know why it is called 40 questions TAG.



So, let's begin, first section is about skin care.
1. How many times do you wash your face daily?
Once or twice a day, usually in the night before bed.
2. What skin type do you have?
I have normal to combination skin.
3. What is your current facial wash?
Tea tree foaming cleanser from the body shop, just bought my second bottle of it, because I love it so and TBS had small sale going on (20%off).
4. Do you exfoliate?
Yes, but not regularly, because all the exfoliators that I have tried hurt on my skin- maybe my skin is just too sensitive, so it is not that pleasent experience.
5. What brand do you use?
At the moment I use Lumene Natural Code.
6. What moisturizer do you use?
Again, a product by The body shop, my favorite is their vitamin E moisture cream, which is just basic moisturizing cream with light floral scent.
7. Do you have freckles?
No, I don't think so, I have some sunspots on my nose and one on my cheek, but I wouldn't call them freckles.
8. Do you use eye cream?
Yes, but again, not regularly, I just tend to forget. I have used an eyecream from JOIK and at the moment I use The body shop vitamin E eyecream - again I bought it excatly a week ago from their sale and can't give you a full review yet. It absorbs quickly and moisturizes pretty well, my under eye area feels more hydrated and skin feels fresh.
9. Do you or don't you have acne prone skin?
Well, I guess I do, but I haven't had severe acne in my life... I do have blackheads aka comedones which is mets the diagnostic criteria for acne and get a few pimples here and there, but nothing too bad, so I can't complain really.
10. Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
I have heard of it, but I don't think that this product range is available in Estonia, so no I haven't used it.

Next section is about make-up, yay!
11. What foundation to you use?
For about half a year I have used mineral foundation by Lumiere, my tone is light medium beige, this tone has quite neutral undertone and it matches me pretty well, altough actually I have warm undertones, that means my skin seems to be a bit yellow.
12. How about a concealer?
I use YSL Touche eclat as an undereye concealer, but it doesn't cover everything and yes, I do know, it is meant to be used as a highlighter. On spots I use just regular concealer stick, at the moment one by Avon, but I don't like it very much. Next I am planning to buy Bourjois Healthy mix concealer - this has liquid form and thus suits very well for undereye area.
13. Do you know your undertone?
Yes, as I said above, I have warm undertones.
14. What do you think of fake lashes?
I think that they do give amazing effect on your eyes, but I haven't mastered the application technique yet, so so far I prefer just regular mascara for my lashes. I might try out the permanent fake lashes soon, but I have to think about that, because they are glued to your eyelashes individually and after the removal you might end up with no lashes at all. Of course they grow back, but who wants to be without eyelashes for 1-2 months. Not me.
15. Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes I know, but still I ignore this recommendation, because usually my mascaras last me for 6 months and I don't have piles of money laying around, so far I haven't got an eye infection, so everything is fine.
16. What brand of mascara do you use?
At the moment I have one by Clinique, in the past I have liked Loreal and max factor mascaras. Maybelline does pretty decent mascaras too and although I like the effect they give to my lashes, they tend to flake and smudge on me, so I don't love-love them.
17. Sephora or MAC?
We don't have Sephoras in Estonia and we have only one MAC counter in Tallinna Kaubamaja, so I have to say MAC. BUT I love the idea of Sephora stores more, because you can get different makeup brands there, so more vairety is always better than just one brand, because every brand has some amazing products and some that are not so good.
18. Do you have a MAC-pro card?
No, I don't, but I wish I had one, unfortunately I don't think that in Estonia, being a beauty blogger-vlogger is enough to get one, you actually have to be a professional makeup artist or work somewhere else in the beauty industry.
19. What makeup tools do you use in makeup application?
Mostly brushes, sometimes my fingers-  for example, blending out concealer or applying light eyeshadow all over the lid when I am in a hurry and don´t need precision.
20. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Yes, because primers do make a difference! Eyeshadows last much longer, are more vibrant and don't crease.
21. Do you use makeup primer for the face?
No, I am too lazy to do that.
22. What is your favorite eyeshadow color/shade?
I acutally don't have one favorite, but as far as colors go I use neutrals (from ivory to dark browns) and pinks mostly. My most used eyeshadow is Soulmates from Too Faced Romantic Eye palette, you can see my review here.
23. Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
I use liquid eyeliner more, my favorite so far has been High precision eyeliner by ArtDeco. Review here.
24. How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
First of all, this is kind of silly question, but to be truthful I have never poked myself in the eye with an eyeliner.
25. What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
There are many gorgeous shades out there, but I tend to use regular pressed eyeshadows more than pigments, becauseusually they are loose and get everywhere. Also eyepigments sometimes need some tricks to make the work and I don't know them all to get most out of them.
26. Do you use mienral makeup?
Yes, as I said, I use mineral foundation all the time and my favorite blush is from ELF mineral line, it is called coral. At first, I felt that this is too light for my skintone, but now I think that it gives nice natural glow to the face and it is my go to blush.
27. What is your favorite lipstick?
To be honest, I don't wear lisptick too often, I prefer lipgloss, but if I have to choose, maybe Rimmel Airy Fairy or Make up Store Attitude. So I prefer neutrals and warm coral pinks.
28. What is your favorite lipgloss?
I have two, both are NYX mega shine lipglosses, one is smokey look and the other is beige(actually a neutral light pink, not beige as the name suggests.)
29. What is your favorite blush to use?
I prefer light coral blushes, ELF mineral blush in coral is my favorite!
30. Do you buy your makeup from ebay?
Yes, I do, for example all of my NYX products are from bought from ebay.
31. Do you like drugstore makeup?
Yes, most of my makeup products are from so called drugstore brands, we don't have drugstores in Estonia, those brands are usually sold in regular department stores or supermarkets.
32. Do you go to cosmetic company outlets?
No, but I probably would, if we had any here.
33. Did you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Of course I have considered it, I would love to learn how to do makeup on others better. I think I have done do makeup on yourself part pretty well so far, so I don't need any help in that field. I would love to learn special effects makeup, like how to do scars and how to make people look older.
34. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
No, I don't think so, I am just a bit unorganized and usually I end up using several products for one purpose.
35. Makeup crime that you hate?
Shimmery, metallic eyeshadows on older ladies - not a pretty sight. I quess that they just don't know that there are more flattering eyeshadow finishes too and just go with what they have used for decades.
36. Do you like colorful shades of makeup?
Well, take a guess, if you have read my blog for a longer time, then you know that I like to expriment with eyeshadows. For lips and cheeks I prefer more neutral shades.
37. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
I love Mila Kunis' makeup looks, usually she wears brown smokey eye that suits her well.
38. If you could leave the house wearing just one makeup item, what would it be?
Probably mascara, because ti gives my eyes more awake look.
39. Could you leave the house without any makeup on at all?
Yes, I could and I do it regularly, not a problem for me.
40. Do you think you look good even without any makup on?
Yes, but I look better with light dusting of mineral foundation, blush, mascara and lipgloss.
41. What is the best makeup line?
Here comes very politically correct answer, I can't pick one, because all have their pros and cons.
42. What do you think of makeup?
Makeup=Art.

Thank you for reading and feel free to answer these questions on your blog, because I TAG all of you! :) 

Hei, kaunitarid!

Ma kogu pikka teksti ümber seekord tõlkima ei hakka, aga põhimõtteliselt on tegu 40 iluteemalise küsimusega, mis kullimängu põhimõttel on mõnda aega juba internetiavarustes ringlenud. Kullimäng käib nii, et vastad ise küsimustele ja siis kas valid inimesed välja, kelle vastuseid sa lugeda sooviks(kaasblogijad jms) või ütled lihtsalt, et kõik soovijad võivad vastata.
Minu arvates aitavad sellised küsimused teil minuga lähemalt tuttavaks saada, seetõttu otsustasin ka neile vastata.
Esimesed 10 küsimust käivad nahahoolduse kohta, millest kiire lühikokkuvõte on põhimõtteliselt see, et:
mul on kombineeritud nahk, mis ikkagi kaldub kergelt probleemse poole. Mis tooteid täpselt kasutan, leiate mu näohooldusrutiini postitusest siit, ütlen niipalju, et suurt midagi maist muutunud ei ole.
Ülejäänud 32 küsimust on meigiteemalised, sealt saate lugeda, millised on mu lemmikud ja enimkasutatavad tooted. Eelistan igapäevaselt pigem neutraalseid toone ja tagasihoidlikumat meiki, kuid mul pole midagi ka selle vastu, kui pean nö palja näoga avalikkuse ette minema. Huulevärvidest neutraalseid ning roosakaid huuleläikeid, huulepulgad mulle nii väga ei meeldi.
Põhimõtteliselt arvan, et meik=kunst.

Aitäh, et lugesite!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Neile küsimustele vastamine on päris suur töö! Aga põnev lugemine oli, aitäh!
    Ehk viitsin ise ka selle asja ette võtta...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kulus üks laupäevahommik, u 1h vast läks, nii et väga kaua ei võtnudki, arvestades, et ma päris ühesõnaliste vastustega ei piirdunud.
    Aitäh ja loodan, et sa selle "vägitüki" ikkagi ette võtad, sinu postitusi on alati mõnus lugeda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mulle väga meeldis su viimane lause :) Et meik=kunst. Hästi kokku võetud :)

    http://everythingbyeve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images